Friday, October 2, 2009

Round Top: The Big Guns

Fall in this area is beautiful... This is a glimpse of the stand in Brenham when you are going back to Houston.......

Marburger Farm : Paul Smith Antiques Dallas. They have the real thing and they have reproduction pieces... Both are stunning.....

Beautiful vignette,Marburger Paul Smith......


A great wall piece, offered by 2 Lucys out of Houston.....There was one at access we featured in an earlier blog that was 10 ft wide. This is still stunning at 5 ft.



A slipcover from I think..... J Hill they were across from Magnolia Pearl. Do the buttons detatch so they can be washed? They were on a ladder back chair....Hmmmm.




The Bedding........





Great French Books from French Influence in Atlanta. These are NOT from China. These are the real deal.... Now being offered at Beadboard.....



I just love birdcages.....



A little cabinet with a crown.....


On to Big Red Barn and Bobo's Intriguing Objets....


Their merchandising was superb. Note all the wooden kitchen implements on a stand. OOH they look like an few of mine but mine are in a crock of sorts. ( but it is Juliska )...



Another vignette from Bobo....



These are maps hung above the other antiques.... I love old sea charts as they are usually blue and grey........

And what is this? An old piece from Drexel Heritage. A Dresser. Found in a garage and painted. From the Europa Collection...I snagged it from a place that sells JUNK. Robespierre and I painted it with the new paint from Behr ultra Premium Plus. We will be using as a buffet in our Retro California, Belgian Texi French House......
Thanks to the girls who walked the fields with me. Bunny Bungalow, Hill Country House, & Cote de Texas ( she suffered it well ), kinda. These venues are what you make of them... Also you need to be prepared for any weather. But if you persevere, you will not only come home with some things you treasure but you will meet some incredible people along the way......THAT is what it is all about.........


4 comments:

  1. What fun to read even more! I am sick, though - I saw those wooden spoons during the initial rush into the barn. I thought "how cool" but didn't stop to examine the whole booth. It was very crowded and I was scouting for a few specific pieces for other people. I love Bobo and so wish I'd lingered! Thanks for the vicarious visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just fabulous! Thanks for sharing. I wish I could have stayed for Marburger and The Big Red Barn but we had to get home. I won't miss it next time. Oh, and I begged my hubby to make a quick stop at that stand to pick up some white and grey pumpkins....didn't get my way on that one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! What a wonderful tour guide you are! Maybe someday I will make it down and follow you around. I'm sure you looked very stylish with your bowling shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow: I have got to check out Bobo's next time around.
    Your Drexel piece is fabulous...what a find.

    ReplyDelete